***LATEST UPDATES AT TOP OF THE PAGE***
UPDATE 5 –
THIS WEEK – 30.03.2020 —
A few things for this week –
1. MOST IMPORTANT – we WILL NOT be open THIS THURSDAY (02.04.2020) OR NEXT THURSDAY (09.04.2020) for takeouts; Chris – that’s me, hi – is having to isolate for 2 weeks, as my eldest son has had a persistent cough since Sunday. He’s fine – no temp/other illness etc – but we’re following the guidelines and playing it super-safe. Mark WILL still be open for takeouts on Friday and Saturday, 1pm – 4pm both days.
2. re. the above – deliveries ARE STILL AVAILABLE for this week; feel free to call the brewery or email email@example.com before 1pm on Wednesday and 1pm on Thursday.
3. PLEASE NOTE: we are now SOLD OUT of Black Buzzard bottles for the foreseeable future. We’re hoping to get some Restoration bottles back in the next two weeks. Stay tuned…
UPDATE 4 – 25.03.2020
CORONAVIRUS UPDATE – 25.03.2020
Another day, another government U-turn;
It was announced earlier this morning that ‘off-licenses and licensed shops selling alcohol, including those within breweries’ can stay open.
To this end, we are tentatively RE-OPENING the tap room for TAKEOUTS ONLY.
We will also be continuing our home delivery service on Wednesdays and Thursdays (3pm – 5pm) for those who are unable to make it to the tap room.
Therefore, our new opening hours will be:
Thursday: 12pm – 3pm (PLEASE NOTE, SUPER IMPORTANT: our Thursday opening hours will commence from NEXT Thursday, April 2nd).
Friday: 1pm – 4pm
Saturday: 1pm – 4pm.
We will be ramping up our hygiene measures at the tap room and will be enforcing a strict 2 metre ‘queuing’ system at the large tap room door. PLEASE adhere to this.
We politely encourage you, where at all possible, to walk/run/cycle to the brewery (there’s your exercise for the day?!), as our friends at Diagnostic Services are still in and are very busy, so parking might be limited.
Thank you, again, for your continued support at this time.
– Mark and Chris
UPDATE 3 – 24.03.2020
HOME DELIVERIES —
Folks, the inevitable closure update –
After the PM’s lockdown announcement last night, we have made the (incredibly) difficult decision to close the tap room for the foreseeable future, including for takeout beer. Know this – the party we will have after this has all lifted will be EPIC.
HOWEVER – our home delivery service will be going ahead as of 25.03.2020. We have added more days, so our NEW TIMES for delivery are as follows —
WEDNESDAY: 3pm – 5pm
THURSDAY: 3pm – 5pm
FRIDAY: 2pm – 5pm
SATURDAY: 2pm – 5pm
You can order beer by calling Mark on 07538903753 (please don’t call after 6pm). This is, at the moment, the easiest and most efficient way to place an order. We will be updating this as soon as possible.
PLEASE NOTE – you can order up until 1pm on each day of delivery. If you miss the deadline, no worries, we’ll deliver the following day.
Two things that are super important for this to work:
1. Payment MUST be made before delivery can take place.
2. Someone MUST be in (chances of this at the minute: HIGH!) for us to be able to deliver. If not, we will deliver your beer the following day.
SUPER IMPORTANT BIT —
We’re taking your (and our) hygiene VERY seriously.
We will handle all the beer with gloves and sanitise our hands before and after each delivery, changing gloves every third drop.
We’ll ring your door bell and leave, where appropriate, the beer on the doorstep and step away to observe the 2m rule. If no answer, we’ll call the number we were provided when you ordered.
Once again – WE WILL NEED SOMEONE TO BE IN TO TAKE DELIVERY. If not, we will try delivering the following day.
As mentioned before, all of this is unprecedented and we have had, like so many others, to change our business model on the fly, so we apologise if mistakes are initially made.
Any questions, please email Mark at firstname.lastname@example.org, or feel free to DM us on social media.
Once again, stay safe, look after yourselves and we’ll see you on the road.
– Mark and Chris
UPDATE 2 – 21.03.2020
Below is an info sheet for takeaways.
The beers listed are the beers we have in the tap room storage. At the moment, we have no plans to brew for the foreseeable future and the brewery side is effectively closed.
Similarly, the ciders are available (for 2 pint and 4 pint takeouts only, no 5/10/20 litres available, as we can’t transfer it).
If you are ordering a larger quantity of beer (e.g. a 20 litre box), we would REALLY appreciate a heads-up phone call/email if at all possible, just to make things easier.
HOME DELIVERIES —
If you would like to take advantage of the home deliveries, WE ARE TAKING ORDERS FROM TODAY. Please call the numbers / email the address listed below.
PLEASE BE AWARE that we need AT LEAST TWO DAYS NOTICE to be able to deliver any of the beers listed. It gives us time to rack and settle the beers.
Prices are the same as takeouts, but an extra £2 for home deliveries.
Please also be aware, there is minimum delivery of 4 pints or more (beer AND cider).
EXTRA INFO —
– We are taking our hygiene measures at the brewery tap room and for our home deliveries VERY SERIOUSLY. Please see our pinned post on Facebook or our website for specifics.
– This updated business model is very new to us, so please be patient with us while we work through any kinks!
– While we urge you to be safe, we also encourage you to support local real ale establishments like the Black Lion and The Bald Buzzard Alehouse in their takeaway endeavours.
Thanks once again for the continued support in these bizarre times we live in. Stay safe.
– Mark and Chris
UPDATE 1 – 19.03.2020
Right then, folks, here we go — big post, PLEASE READ —
You’ve all seen the news regarding the situation with the pubs; it’s as clear as mud. ‘Stay away, but the pubs are still open’. This has put us in a difficult predicament.
We feel that given the fact that there are many members of our community at the tap room that might be vulnerable that we can NOT, in good conscience, open the tap room bar for socialising.
From today, the tap room BAR will be closed for the foreseeable future. This includes ALL events (Darts Open Evening, Comedy Nights, Folk Nights, Band @ The Brewery days) for the next TWO MONTHS (April AND May) initially. HOWEVER! Some good news —
The tap room WILL be open for takeaways, with strict measures on collection. Those measures are:
- The tap room door will be open, but red taped. When you approach, we will take your order – 2 pint, 4 pint, 5 – 20 litre boxes are all available.
- Once we’ve sorted it, we’ll bring your beer to the door and take a CARD PAYMENT ONLY, please, at this time.
- We will be wearing gloves to handle ALL orders, using hand sanitiser and scrubbing clean any tables we might use.
Much like the mighty Tring Brewery, we will also organise a delivery to your car if you’d prefer not to approach the brewery. We are in a unique position here that the brewery is partially outside, so you can shout at us from the car park!!
With that, our opening hours will change effective immediately.
We will now be open for takeaways:
FRIDAY: 3pm – 6pm
SATURDAY: 12pm – 4pm
SUNDAY: 12pm – 2pm
EVEN MORE GOOD NEWS —
As of next Wednesday 25th, we will be implementing a HOME BEER DELIVERY service for Leighton Buzzard and the surrounding villages (for the time being). THIS WILL RUN ON A WEDNESDAY AND THURSDAY (at present) BETWEEN 3PM AND 5PM. Obviously this is subject to change if the government decide to go Full Lockdown, but we’ll keep you updated.
This will mean the following:
- Call us / send us an email (Landline: 01525 839153; Mob: 07538 903753 / email@example.com) and put in your order (we’ll need at least 3 days notice).
- We’ll need: your address (incl. postcode), a telephone number and your order. We will take a card payment over the phone at that time.
- We will deliver to your door on a first come, first served basis.
- WHEN WE DELIVER (IMPORTANT): we will handle your beer with gloves. We will ring the doorbell and leave, where appropriate, the beer on the doorstep and step away. We’ll wait for you to answer the door and take delivery of the beer. WE WILL NEED SOMEONE TO BE IN TO TAKE DELIVERY. If no-one is in, we will have to take the beer with us and work out another time to deliver.
All of this is unprecedented and like so many other breweries, pubs and small businesses, we are having to change our business model on the fly, so we apologise if mistakes are initially made.
There are other plans afoot to keep people connected with the tap room online and we’re looking into being able to take orders and payments via our website. ALL of this, though, is subject to change, but again, we will keep you updated with any changes as and when we know about them.
In the meantime, stay in touch with us and keep safe.
– LB Brewery Team (Mark and Chris)